Photo Resistor & Temp Sensors
Today's accomplishments: baby steps.
Turns out my two new Arduino 168 boards weren't recognizing my old code and I couldn't read serial data in Max.Msp. After a few posts to the Arduino Support forum, a few hours of frustration and a nice guy named Daniel Joliffe who answered my posts and sent me a working code and patch, I switched from Simple Message System to Arduino2Max. Good news is that because the 168 chip is faster, I can now sample at a much higher rate (115200 baud instead of 9600).
I got readings from a photo resistor tonight using a new Arduino and a 10K resistor. It's more sensitive than I thought it would be to shadows and light fluctuations - from +- 1000 to 100 readings.



Tried to get both of my temperature sensors working but to no avail. I have a one-wire temperature sensor (Dallas DS18S20) but I'm missing a 4.7k resistor to get it working. My Sensirion SHT-11 is more complicated and I can only find Basic Stamp code...wish I knew how to convert Basic Stamp code to Arduino. It's also a humidity sensor, which would be great. Might not get this sensor working before intermediate presentation.


Going crazy with temp sensors:
http://www.huck.finn.com/mypic/web/ds18s20
Turns out my two new Arduino 168 boards weren't recognizing my old code and I couldn't read serial data in Max.Msp. After a few posts to the Arduino Support forum, a few hours of frustration and a nice guy named Daniel Joliffe who answered my posts and sent me a working code and patch, I switched from Simple Message System to Arduino2Max. Good news is that because the 168 chip is faster, I can now sample at a much higher rate (115200 baud instead of 9600).
I got readings from a photo resistor tonight using a new Arduino and a 10K resistor. It's more sensitive than I thought it would be to shadows and light fluctuations - from +- 1000 to 100 readings.

Tried to get both of my temperature sensors working but to no avail. I have a one-wire temperature sensor (Dallas DS18S20) but I'm missing a 4.7k resistor to get it working. My Sensirion SHT-11 is more complicated and I can only find Basic Stamp code...wish I knew how to convert Basic Stamp code to Arduino. It's also a humidity sensor, which would be great. Might not get this sensor working before intermediate presentation.


Going crazy with temp sensors:
http://www.huck.finn.com/mypic/web/ds18s20
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home